Husky 2101

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dougcarlo

Jul 29, 2008
Interior Alaska
I have a 1989 2101 Husky and was wondering if anyone here runs one and how do they like it. I was thinking of buying a new Delmor but I may just fix this one up. It needs a few parts like handle and misc. screws but I might just save some money and fix this one up. I got off web it is 6.7HP and 4.9KW so it must have some good power. This saw is in pretty good shape. Any thoughts?? Thanks Doug

There have been several discussions along this general theme... General feeling seems to be that while you can make the older saws run, and many of them are quite capable machines in terms of cutting ability, they don't meet current standards in terms of safety. They either don't have brakes, or the ones they have are rudimentary, as opposed to the modern inertial chain brakes. They usually have wide bars which increases the size of the "kickback danger zone" on the top quarter of the tip, and so on...

Bottom line, is that many of us would refuse to use that saw even in perfect running order because it lacks the modern protection features that (along with training and protective gear) have helped greatly reduce the number of serious chainsaw related injuries seen in recent years. Others might use it, but with the increased caution it deserves.

(Sort of like comparing the safety features on a car from 1989 and one today...)

Gooserider

I'll second that!

Status
Not open for further replies.