husky 257

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brokeburner

Dec 3, 2008
southern ohio
I have just purchased a husqvarna 257 its missing the bar bolts. The bolts the bar mounts to. How are those bolts installed they dont need to go thru the crank do they . I was thinkin that they just threaded in threads on both sides. I need the whole muffler to anyone have a good place to get a good price on these items. thx

I've never seen a bar held on with bolts. They use nuts.

the bar bolts are installed in the crankcase thru the bar oil hole.
there are more than one size/shape - part number for the bar bolt. you need serial number for correct fit. at around $3.50 each

the muffler is going to be around $ 75.00, plus more if you need bolts and gasket for muffler

husqvarna has had a fun time with all (4) ILLUSTRATED PARTS LIST (IPL) that have the wrong numbers for the bolts that hold the muffler to the cylinder.
bring that to the attention of who you buy the muffler from and all the bolts & attachment plate needed to attach muffler.

the parts you need are a very tricky repair job due to the various IPL's out there.

the model's to chose from 254/257/262.......have fun :-/ .....you'll be able to fix it,but it won't be quick or cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.