Husky 371xp problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwalter04

Mar 16, 2012
Connecticut
My 371xp started acting funny today. Halfway through a cut it will peter out and die. If I let off and allow it to idle for a second it will rev back up but eventually peter out and die again. After it dies it will start back up with one pull, and run like there was never an issue, until you start cutting. Spark plug, air filter, and fuel are all new enough to not likely cause a problem. This this hasn't given me one problem in the three years I've owned it. Didn't want to start tinkering till I got some advice. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try loosening the gas cap when it begins to die.You tank vent could be pluged

Reactions: StihlKicking
Try loosening the gas cap when it begins to die.You tank vent could be pluged

Yep, along these same lines, it sounds like fuel starvation. A leak in the fuel line could allow it to suck air instead of fuel. A leak in the impulse circuit or a stiff pump diaphragm could prevent the carb from pulling in fuel. Debris clogging the filter screen inside the carb might restrict fuel from making it to the metering valve quickly enough.

These two posted what I was gonna say, probably an air leak somewhere.....

Status
Not open for further replies.