Husky 455 leaks gas

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisg

Sep 6, 2007
NEK VT
I carry my 455 in an mount on my Polaris Ranger that basically has it standing on end,bar pointed down. This past weekend it started to leak gas while in this position on the atv it has never done this before and it rides there alot. Anyone know what might be causing it to leak all of a sudden? If I take it out and lay it flat it will not leak anymore and it starts and runs perfect. Haven't dug into it yet kinda like to get an idea what to look for to trouble shoot it.
Thanks for any suggestions Chris.

Not sure it is just dripping off the bottom of the case while in an upright position, bar down. It is not coming from the muffler I did see that much if that helps any.

I would check the gas cap and clean it may be losseing up a tad on the ride

Status
Not open for further replies.