Husky on Craigslist

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 350 is an OK saw. They do have chronic problems with air leaks at the intake and the mufflers falling off. That doesn't mean this one will. Just be aware of this. There's no better way to send a Husky rep running for cover than to mention that model saw. Biggest thing is if the saw doesn't run right (stalls etc) stop using it and take it in.

That being said, that saw looks like it's seen very little use, which is good. Still, before giving him any money, I would peak in the spark plug hole and check the condition of the cylinder walls, as well as as to see it run. If it's been stored with gas in it for an extended period of time, then carb issues are not out of the question - holes in the fuel line, too.

I work on them for a living, but I also own a 350 which I use around the house and when scrounging wood. I wish it had more power, but it does the job for me.

Thanks. Based on that and on some user reviews on Amazon, plus the fact that it's not that much cheaper than new, I think I'll pass on it.

I was looking at Husky saws earlier this year and a dealer told me the 350 was not available and that the model they had to replace was the 450E.

churchie said:
I was looking at Husky saws earlier this year and a dealer told me the 350 was not available and that the model they had to replace was the 450E.

Correct Sir. It's an emissionized saw. I haven't had too much experience with it yet.

I just got a 345e. The 350 is the same saw with an 18" bar and slightly more power. I would offer the guy $225 and would be happy with the deal if he accepted.

BTW, I am very happy with the 345e. it is perfect for what I need it for.

Get a saw with adjustable bar oil output! The small E Huskys don't cut it they are fixed output and put out very little oil. I even run winter bar oil in mine and i can tell by the drive links it wants more :bug: Look into Dolmar Saws the 460's on up have the adjustable oiler $289.00 hard to beat and a great saw to boot. http://www.amickssuperstore.com/Dolmar_Chainsaws_s/163.htm I will be getting the 5100s as my next, saw it will be soon. In 2010 Things will change the new EPA rule's will go into full effect and it's just now starting. Buy A Good saw soon take care of it you will be glad you did. P/S there already is a four stroke proto type out there in testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.