I have a Pacific energy summit le

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Itslay90

Feeling the Heat
Dec 16, 2022
Upstate,NY
I had this stove for a year, and it only gets my house to 65 degrees stove is in the basement, and I can’t get this thing to circulate the heat, I tried fans, I tried the blower nothing works, seems like all the heat is going to the ceiling, i added pictures of my this is my set up. Maybe someone can help me. Thank you. Oh. The stove temperature is 700 I have a liner in the chimney.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You will want to move the plastic drum away from the stove! thats a fire risk!

It looks like you might be overfiring the stove by the top being so white. Can you explain your burn procedure from loading through the burn. And then reloading? How long of a burn are you getting?

How big is the house? How warm is the basement ? How is the insulation of the basement and house? Where are the stairs in relation to the stove?

Reactions: Dix
my stairs is in front of the wood burning stove from the pictures I put to this post ! My rim joists is insulated.. my whole house is 2800 square foot. I load it up I wait the the wood is charred then I closed the door, and leave it on hight, till the next load so I can have coals

You will want to move the plastic drum away from the stove! thats a fire risk!

It looks like you might be overfiring the ough the burn. And then reloading? How long of a burn are you getting?

How big is the house? How warm is the basement ? How is the insulation of the basement and house? Where are the stairs in relation to the stove?
my stairs is in front of the wood burning stove from the pictures I put to this post ! My rim joists is insulated.. my whole house is 2800 square foot. I load it up I wait the the wood is charred then I closed the door, and leave it on hight, till the next load so I can have coals
To add to this, the basement doesn’t even get warm or hot

You are wasting most of your heat up the chimney running it that way. Shut the air back and the pipe temps will drop and the stove body will radiate much more heat for much longer.

Reactions: Dix
You are wasting most of your heat up the chimney running it that way. Shut the air back and the pipe temps will drop and the stove body will radiate much more heat for much longer.
I tried that, and it doesn’t help, all the heat just goes up in the ceiling.. it’s weird because the stove doesn’t like fans or the blower for the stove

I tried that, and it doesn’t help, all the heat just goes up in the ceiling.. it’s weird because the stove doesn’t like fans or the blower for the stove
Well yeah it's going to be hotter at the ceiling. What do you mean the stove doesn't like fans or blowers

Well yeah it's going to be hotter at the ceiling. What do you mean the stove doesn't like fans or blowers
Yeah, but I’m trying to get the heat to go to the other side of my basement. I tried a fan, to push it over there and it doesn’t like it, it cools down the basement

Yeah, but I’m trying to get the heat to go to the other side of my basement. I tried a fan, to push it over there and it doesn’t like it, it cools down the basement
Try a fan on low pushing the colder air down low towards the stove.

As soon as the wood catches fire, close the door. Once the flames start really touching the baffle, start turning down the air.

When you leave the door open, and the air open too long, you send the heat up the chimney and the stove doesn't get a chance to absorb the heat. If the stove doesn't absorb the heat, it can't warm the room.

Reactions: bholler
I’m using a infrared gun to check the flue temperature
Ok run it up to about 400 on the surface of single wall pipe with the door closed. Then start to shut the air back. Keep it above 250

As soon as the wood catches fire, close the door. Once the flames start really touching the baffle, start turning down the air.

When you leave the door open, and the air open too long, you send the heat up the chimney and the stove doesn't get a chance to absorb the heat. If the stove doesn't absorb the heat, it can't warm the room.
I’m going to try that right now. I just did it. Let me know if that’s how the fire is supposed to be burning

Attachments

• 69293320456__76B5CEBA-9AFA-4553-80C7-FE584DCB9961.MOV
    1.9 MB
I’m going to try that right now. I just did it. Let me know if that’s how the fire is supposed to be burning
Is that with the air shut back?

Once the fire builds back up, turn it down some more. You want the secondaries coming from the roof of the firebox doing most of the work.

I cut the air back again, and this is how it looks now and the pipe temperature is 317.5 now

Attachments

• 69293363910__C9563C4B-3BE5-464B-9362-E8ACC9140F38.MOV
    945.4 KB