I have to ask !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pallet Pete

Why does the guy on tv keep trying to sell me that cool looking convection oven that I want so bad but can't convince myself to buy? Ugh anybody have one ? I am afraid it is a gimmick.

Pete

I'm with you...I watch those infomercials and want to try them all...I have to convince myself it's a gimmick.
Recently I have been talking myself out of the Big and little Schticky!!

which one? i dunno if I seen it. I DO have that rotiserie thing made by RONCO. It works as advertised and does a pretty decent job. I would recommend. I also recommend the DA-TUNG Rice Steamer. Have had one for many many years works perfect. I eat white rice at least 3-4 days a week.

My mom bought a convection oven after dad died figuring cooking for one it didn't make sense to heat up a big oven, plus they're supposed to be a little faster and better with some things than a microwave.

If it's a tool you'd actually use ....

Why does the guy on tv keep trying to sell me that cool looking convection oven that I want so bad but can't convince myself to buy? Ugh anybody have one ? I am afraid it is a gimmick.

Pete
Go ahead and get one and report back!;)

We have had two, built in convection ovens. The first was a KitchenAid which was ok, but not the most even cooker. The new one is an Electrolux and it does a great job. The advantage is more even cooking with no hot spots. And more flexible baking options. Ours will even control very low temps which is great for drying herbs, proofing bread, etc.

My wife used to work in a bakery. They put in a convection oven and it really sped up things like bread and cookies. Worth the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.