I need to identify my Country Flame wood stove by serial number if possible!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Johnny Reindeer

Oct 19, 2021
Resized_20211019_105916.jpeg
We moved into a mountain home with a fairly old Country Flame wood stove. I have been trying to nail down the model number to get the proper operating instructions. It looks to be an older model B, but I don't really know. I have the serial number, but still have yet to find a site where I can look it up by serial number. I found an operators manual for multiple models...B, BBF, R, O1.....and one of my favorite lines in the manual is: "On some stoves, pushing in on the catalyst rod may disable the catalyst while on other models pulling out the catalyst rod may disable the catalyst". O.K., so that's REALLY helpful!!! I'm new at this, and I have many questions!

Last edited:
Is there a UL tag on the back of the stove? If so, can you post a clear picture of it?

Is there a UL tag on the back of the stove? If so, can you post a clear picture of it?
Thank you for answering my question. Sorry I took so long to get back to you. I found the UL tag...I never thought to look in the back of the stove. It appears to be an old Mt. Vernon Country Flame stove...model E-1, E-2. I am having a very hard time trying to find the owner's manual for this model. I was able to figure out that the catalyst rod should be pulled out to light, then pushed in at combustion temperature. Is there a site where we could download a manual for these old stoves? Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Resized_20211019_192916.jpeg

Country Flame was bought out by American Energy systems they make Magnum pellet stoves now you might reach out to them
American Energy Systems
P O Box 665, Watertown SD 57201
[P] 800-495-3196 or 320-227-2903
[F] 320-288-7224
[E] [email protected]

Country Flame was bought out by American Energy systems they make Magnum pellet stoves now you might reach out to them
American Energy Systems
P O Box 665, Watertown SD 57201
[P] 800-495-3196 or 320-227-2903
[F] 320-288-7224
[E] [email protected]
Many thanks, sir!!! I was able to get a hold of the manual through Magnum's support group. They were extremely fast and efficient in responding to me. I can see that if I have any questions about my old stove in the future, I can rely on the outstanding professional expertise I have already found here and on Magnum's site. I thank you again for the help! Have a great day!

Reactions: john26