I think my local PE dealer went out of business!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
Last night I decided to see what commercial property was available near me. This building popped up. I'm like, hmm, that looks familiar! I enlarged the pic and yup, its the PE dealer. Their sign is the yellow one on the right. If I remember right, if I remember correctly, they were connected on the interior to the body shop and had the door open last time I was in there. They must be connected.

Their website is still up and google says they'll reopen on Monday at 9am. Interesting... any of you ever see a retail establishment closed on Saturday? Maybe they're off season hours?

Just looked up the body shop. It says it opens at 7:30 Monday, the ad says they moved out. I may take a drive over there to see if the shop is gone, lol. Maybe they just up and abandoned the stove shop.

Don’t know. Maybe he wasn’t that busy.

Their reviews are pretty good, but there aren’t many for being in business over 10 years. 10 years ago he was telling me the TN had the same firebox as the Super. I’d give him the benefit that he’s learned the different fireboxes by now.

The next closest PE dealers I know of are each about an hour away.

I remember him trying to push me to the Enviro Boston. Maybe when the latest regulations came out and Enviro stopped selling wood stoves it really hurt their business.

I remember him trying to push me to the Enviro Boston. Maybe when the latest regulations came out and Enviro stopped selling wood stoves it really hurt their business.
That too was an excellent stove with a linked secondary air control. It was very nicely made and a real good looker. They were made just down the road from PE. Sherwood Industries decided to focus on pellet and gas instead of making the stoves 2020-compliant.