Identify me!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hikinator

Oct 12, 2015
Mt. Pearl, Newfoundland
Hello, first time wood stove owner and glad to have found this great sight! Hi everyone. I just got this stove from a friend that replaced his and I am installing it in my Garage. I need to get W.E.T.T. certified (wood energy technician trained certification) for my insurance but i need to get info on it for the mason first, or he can not do it. there are no stickers or stamps left on it. Can anyone tell me what it is? Also I am wondering if $200 is a far price for certification..... seems like a lot but i got the stove for free, so i can cut my losses.

Thanks for the help!

Nick

Attachments

• IMG_7881.jpeg
    IMG_7881.jpeg
    321.4 KB · Views: 172
Just a guess, an old Haugh? Verify first that installing in a garage is permitted. In many US jurisdictions it is not.

Most counties around here in ontario will allow it but opening of Firefox must be 18" above floor and have crash protection poles installed. Check with your local building department. Permits will be needed Also check with your insurance not
All will allow it but I do know dejardins will

all i need is the certification, there are certain units that masons can not certify. If it is a brand that I can verify, the mason will have no trouble doing the assessment. He will let me know the specifics of what I need. My insurance just needs the certificate that proves it is safe for the shed. Thanks, this is a great start.

Pretty sure that is the stove Solar Wood made and sold through Haugh's Products from 1982 to 1986 to Sears, Canadian Tire and Beaver Lumber.

From my own experience If your insurance required wett certification documentation that will be on the install. Who gives a hoot about the stove if it's not installed correctly to
Local building codes. My insurance required wett inspection and certifications on both complete installations I have in my house. As well One our county building inspectors is wett certified and told me the requirements for garage installs as I've inquired to put a small wood stove in my shop. Best of luck to you If that's all you think you need to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.