Identify stove pipe?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ShaneMac

Sep 28, 2021
Ontario
Replacing stove and I don't have a vertical slider so looking to replace possibly all my stove pipe. I have been looking at different brands online but I can't find anything that looks like this? Only identification I can find on it is made in canada and the double wall venting stands out. Do brands need to match connecting chimney to stove pipe? Or can those two differ?

In Canada if rules are different.

IMG_6072.jpgIMG_6073.jpg

That looks like Security, Secure Black stovepipe. It's available in different telescoping lengths.

Never heard of that brand before but it sure looks to match up. Thank you.

How doe the adjustable differ from the telescopic lengths? The telescopic seems obvious how it works but the adjustable not so much? I'll need a length less then 36", Currently have a static length for my vertical and will need something a bit shorter for my new stove. I tried to message the company but the e-mail bounced.

Screen Shot 2023-10-07 at 9.57.03 PM.png

A telescoping pipe is a pipe within a pipe that slides between its extension range. An adjustable pipe is a section that can go over an existing pipe to act as the slider.

Ok so if I needed say 33" I would get the 6DL24 24" length and the 6DL18A 3" - 16" slider to cover 27-40 inches as a telescopic?