Igniter and scraping burn pot Harman allure

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jpscroller

May 20, 2016
Arkansas
I have a question about scraping the burn pot on my Harmon Allure 50. After scraping the burn pot, I use the supplied Allen Wrench to clean the holes on the burn pot as directed in manual. The Allen wrench doesn't seem to want to go through some of the holes especially on the bottom row and it doesn't seem like it's just soot plugging the hole. It feels like something is just beneath the hole. I assume the igniter is just beneath the burn pot, so I was wondering if I could damage the igniter by trying to force the Allen wrench through those holes. Is it soot or part of igniter? Any help from Harman users. Thanks!

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.