Igniter for Enviro Mini-A

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

LD71

Aug 25, 2017
Litchfield County
Hi All,
I'm replacing the Igniter on my Enviro Mini-A, its about 10 years old.
I bought a replacement online, but it looks different than mine.
My Igniter has an exposed heating element that goes through the tube on my stove.
The one I got online has a steel tube surrounding the heating element, and when I look at others for sale, I see the same design, a steel tube surrounding the heating element.

My question is whether this tube-around-element is the right Igniter for my stove. Was there a change in the design? Any help greatly appreciated.
LD71:)

Are you replacing the ignitor because of its age?
Or because it no longer works?

Are you replacing the ignitor because of its age?
Or because it no longer works?
Primarily due to age, only a few times when it doesn't start right up. I'm just confused by a completely different design for the replacements available now vs the one I have (that came with the stove)

Thanks for your help
LD71

The new design should work fine
I have never changed my Enviro ignitor and this season it is 21 and still works fine
My feelings are IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT