Igniter for my St. Croix York insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clay H

Feeling the Heat
Sep 9, 2009
Central Oklahoma
My igniter bit the dust after 8 years finally. The store where I bought my stove wants $140 for a new one, does this seem a tad expensive? I would think these could be found for $50 or so? Anyone know a source to check?

I had my 12 year old ignitor die last winter... had to bite the bullet since the St Croix ignitor has a collar that won't allow you to use a generic one...

My wife's been looking for a newer, longer version too come to think about it....

Take it out and get a good look at it. It most likely will have a manufacturers name and part number. The igniter for my Bosca 500 lists for over $125 from the stove maker. Its less than $20 from dozens of online MRO merchants like Grainger or others.

here is mine, its just held in by 2 setscrews. 3/8" diameter 300watt. a lot of igniters are simply sized by diameter, wattage and length.

http://www.zorotools.com/g/00075657...kw={keyword}&gclid=CNjy1e7Y8LMCFYs7MgodhS8Auw

His has a special mount attached to it as a unit. Scott Williamson posted an alternative setup on here some time ago allowing a grainger unit to be used.

That's one bbfarm.

I remember that thread but I think there is another one as well. Finding it is another matter sometimes.

This question comes up often and frequently a standard cartridge can be found and adapted, grainger also caries the loop units IIRC.

They also can cross reference things for you

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
Status
Not open for further replies.