igniter question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yvillanz

Nov 21, 2013
irvine pa
my pellet stove needs a igniter , enviro mini part number 50-619 anyone know any cheap online retailers ? I found one on ebay for 136.00 that's the cheapest.

my pellet stove needs a igniter , enviro mini part number 50-619 anyone know any cheap online retailers ? I found one on ebay for 136.00 that's the cheapest.
If it is a simple cylindrical heater, check on ebay for cartridge heaters. You will have to match length, diameter and wattage. I got one for my PDVC for $5. ESW wanted $70 for the igniter. I have had it installed for a year now and it works reliably. I had to add crimp on connections to it, but that is easy to do.
The only downside is that it ships from China so I had to wait two weeks for it. You might be able to get one with expedited shipping for a few bucks more.

This is the igniter. I bought the stove without the igniter installed so I can take measurements :( anyone have the measurements of a enviro mini igniter? And can I use the stove without the igniter ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 186
If you can do a manual start as most stovees can. Your directions even talk of hand priming your stove. Try put half cup or more pellets in pot and take a propane torch and stick it in the pile till you get a good ball of glowing pellets. Have the stove running while attempting to pull out smoke. When you shut the door the pellets that you got good and hot should flame and your off. Hopefully the amount of pellets are enough to satisfy the proof of fire and start the pellet feed, if not quick add some more pellets before it dies out to far. Good luck

I attempted a manual start and the pellets seemed to over feed and make a huge Fire ball on what the manual said what pre programmed statup mode this is also a 2006 mini not a mini a

Try and interrupt the start up cycle when there is a nice amount of pellets in the pot to start with the torch then. That is what I have to do to properly start our Ecoteck.

Just a small handful of pellets well primed with a gel fire starter placed in an empty burn pot.

Light them leaving the door slightly ajar until the fire catches the pellets not just the gel, then start the normal cycle and close the door.

You should be off and running without a large fireball.

I installed a switch on my EF-5 to shut down the auger. I put a couple small handfuls in the burn pot. turn the stove on and start it with a propane torch. When it's glowing nicely I close the door and turn the auger back on. Works good for me. I also put a switch on the igniter so that doesn't run when I start the stove.

I have a used igniter Envro 50-619 works
sell it to you for price of shipping
I have no use for it

Status
Not open for further replies.