I'm thinking of getting a second pellet stove for upstairs...what do you think?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trogers

Hearth Supporter
Aug 25, 2008
Southern NH
This is my first year with a pellet stove. The stove is located in my living room of my 1st fllor. The first floor is 1050 sq. ft. with a very open foor plan. So far my stove keeps the whole 1st floor nice and toasty and sends a little warm air up to the second foolr as well. The challenge will be, I think, that my second floor is 1800 sq. ft. due to the extra rooms over the garage, so I don't think that I'll get enough heat upstairs to keep it warm enough in the coldest months. My thought is that it would make sense to put another stove upstairs to heat that space, and my hope is that because I'm getting some heat from downstairs that rises up that maybe I won't need double the amount of pellets that I need for my stove downstairs. Does this make sense? And, if you have this set up, could you please share your experience with me?

My main system is propane fired forced hot air.

I appreciate the help!

No pellet stove in a sleeping room. Other than that a second stove is a good idea. You will not burn twice the amount of pellets but your usage will rise between the two stoves. The heat in your home will be more even and you and your family will be toasty warm.

Eric

I looked into getting a second one upstairs as well but was told you can't have on in a bedroom. This limited my options so decided against it. However, if you have a place for it, I think its a great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.