Imperial stove board

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Robinski

Jul 14, 2020
Maine
Wife really wants to use the black stove board instead of tiles or anything else to dress up around the stove. I am thinking of having a raised area using cement blocks sandwiched by hardiback sheets or something similar topped off with the black stove board. I know from experience that they really can not be cut or trimmed so I will be building it according to the dimensions of the stove board. My question is to the more experienced ,is this a good idea ? Will the board eventually be crushed by the stove's legs or something worse I am not thinking of ? The stove is an old vintage parlour stove on legs. Thanks for any response.

Will the stove be 36" from any combustible surface or is the intent to use the stove board to reduce clearances? If this is to reduce clearances down to 12" then the stove board should be mounted on 1" spacers, with the bottom edge at least 1" off the floor and left open on top.

So the clearances for this stove will remain at 36"? If so, just screw it to the wall and keep the stove 36" away.