Indeck energy premium wood pellets, has anyone tried these?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeck is new to making pellets, but they have done a lot of testing and I'm sure they are willing to share the results.

You can go to www.indeckpellets.com and contact them for the info. If you are close to the plant you can go right to their dock and pick them up too.

I saw these at the Menard's in Marquette for $3.97 a bag so I picked up 1/2 dozen bags today. I'll post how I like them after I burn
these. I do like the good quality bag that they come in, a stronger thicker bag than some I've come across.

I think you'll love 'em! I have found these to be some of the hottest and cleanest pellets around...by all means, give 'em a shot. I stopped in at the plant and was given some free bags to try and was duly impressed. Head and shoulders above other "local" brands.

One day of burning... very good heat on my normal setting,(3.25 lbs per hour). The pellets are pretty uniform in length, with most being in the 1/2 inch to less than 1 inch. Some smaller ones are also in the mix, 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch. Overall, it looks like a good burn from viewing the burn pot. A uniform flame is what I see so far after 12+ hours. I didn't see any 1"+ pellets in the samples I've looked at. The bag they come in is very good for strength, as all pellets should be. It looks like the ash is darker on these. My heat exchanger cleaner didn't cake up like some of the other pellets I've tried, so, hopefully the ash stayed in the ashpan instead of going up in the air. It sure looks like this pellet is a winner so far. I have 9 bags of these left to try, but I might commit and get 3 tons when I can get them at this price. (I bought 6 more bags to get a good observation of them ).

purplereign said:
I think you'll love 'em! I have found these to be some of the hottest and cleanest pellets around...by all means, give 'em a shot. I stopped in at the plant and was given some free bags to try and was duly impressed. Head and shoulders above other "local" brands.
I might take a trip there and get some free bags.. I'll take a trailor.... load me up.. If the quality stays the same, I'll push'em. ( You gotta find the happy zone for your stove.)

After trying them for a week I saw that my stove glass stayed clean for a longer period without having to use the Rudyard glass cleaner to get the usual brown buildup off of it. ( I used the cleaner once, but really didn't have to when I did.) I got a little bit more buildup in the burnpot, or clinkers
as I think they're called. Overall, I like these pellets. I just hope that they go on sale again. $3.97 a bag was a good price for these. After a week of burning I have about 100 lbs. left in the stove hopper and 2 bags left of my original 18 bags that I bought in the last week.

I've burned 2 bags starting this season and I'm not really ready to make a solid opinion quite yet. I can tell you that out of these two bags I measured about 3/4 to a cup of dust and fines from the bottoms of the bags. If I dump directly from the bag to the stove dust flies all over the place. Heat output is so so, I have burned much better but we don't have a huge choice here in the upper midwest so I had to take the chance. We'll see how the house heats as it gets colder...pellet size seems usual. I just hope I don't have to sift what I have in stock which is two ton and if all the bags are going to be like this an email to the company will be on it's way plus a call to TSC. Good luck to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.