Insert outlet

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Kstraw

Jun 13, 2022
Ct
Hi looking for realistic input please. I am getting a Harman 52i pellet insert. Just did electrical in the fireplace and it is about 6 inches off the ground. Realize it should be lower and closer to corner. Is this a big enough deal to move? I’m worried about melting wires, does anyone know how hot the back gets? Cord is on left side.

FDEC3179-AA94-48DC-A053-0524521F82BF.jpeg

I would be worried more that your firebox will be deep enough to accommodate the stove, electrical box, and a surge protector. The electrical wire comes out the back of the stove so I would not worry about enough heat to melt same. Just my nickels worth.
Welcome to the forum

Reactions: Kstraw
I would be worried more that your firebox will be deep enough to accommodate the stove, electrical box, and a surge protector. The electrical wire comes out the back of the stove so I would not worry about enough heat to melt same. Just my nickels worth.
Welcome to the forum
Thanks so much for the input! my total depth working with is 21.5inches and insert is 16.5 inches. The outlet is 2 inches. So I have about 3 inches for plug. I think I will be cutting it close. I’m trying not to cut into the brick but I guess I will if I have to.