Insert surround in a 0 Clearance fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wg_bent

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Poughkeepsie, NY
I should get my new Osburn insert in the next day or so, and I'm installing it into a Majestic 42" zero clearance fireplace. I don't want to block the upper vents of the Majestic with the Osburn's surround. Any suggestions? Cut holes in the Osburn surround is the sort of obvious answer, but how to do that cleanly? Other ways?

Warren

Reactions: mepellet
Hello,

I would just install about four standoffs on the face of the Majestic and then push the osburn panels up against them. You can make your own standoffs using some sheetmetal or buy some angle braces from a hardware store and use self drilling screws to attach them. This will keep the panels off the face a little and not block the louvres.

Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.