Inspection after installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Talk to your insurance company. They may need info or pics.

If insurance is ok, only thing that might be an issue is where you live. Rural or City? Different municipalities may require building permits and inspections.

I would. The $200 would be nothing compared to the piece of mind it would give me. I mean, it's only your house....

I just installed my insert all work was done by me. Do I need to get it inspected.

Depends.

In the town where I live it is not required to have a permit or get it inspected after the installation.

In the city where I work it is required to have a permit and get an inspection after the installation.

Depending on your insurance company you may or may not be required to have an installation . . . and in your own case it sounds like you're all set in relation to the insurance company.