Installation Info Please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

micpman

Oct 1, 2008
Seacost NH
I recently bought an Englander 25 pdvc pellet stove to replace my wood stove, and was planning on hooking into an existing masonry chimney(8" wood stove pipe), but I was told that I would have to run 3" or 4" pellet pipe the entire length on the inside of my chimney for the stove to vent properly. Does anyone know if this is true?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much for the info Peggy.

After calling Englander and asking them about the proper way to hook up the pipe(just for safety precautions). I hooked my stove up to the exsiting chimney by running 3" pipe to the chimney and then hooking into the 8" to 3" reducer at the thimble. I did not reline the chimney with 3" or 4" inch pipe the entire length of the chimney (as 1 of my local shops had told me I had to), and it drafts just fine! (Ive placed 2 Carbon Monoxide alarms in my house for verification).

Once again, Thank you for the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.