Installing VC Defiant Encore Fireback with wedges?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Apr 15, 2022
Maryland
I have a VC Defiant Encore 2190 and I’m working on replacing all the gaskets and using this stove on my porch. The lower fireback is out. The manual has two “ wedges” that I purchased but I’m not sure how they go in, etc to make sure the fireback is secure. Any guidance is appreciated!!

IIRC, the fireback should fit into the back of the stove only one way. Once it’s in position, the wedge locations are midway up each side & should be obvious. Push the fireback towards the back of the firebox. Put the wedges in from the top & tap with a brass or nylon hammer or a wooden mallet to seat them. You don’t have to mash them down.

Reactions: Investmentdude