Insurance companies and 2 wood stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Newburnerwisconsin

Feeling the Heat
Jul 8, 2015
wisconsin
We want to add a stove upstairs in our home. We have one in our basement now. I have noticed many folks who post on this great site have more than one stove. Can anyone please give some names of insurers who cover more than one wood stove? Our first stove was professionally installed and I plan the same when we install the second. The home is located in wisconsin. Our current carrier will only allow one stove. Thanks for your time

We want to add a stove upstairs in our home. We have one in our basement now. I have noticed many folks who post on this great site have more than one stove. Can anyone please give some names of insurers who cover more than one wood stove? Our first stove was professionally installed and I plan the same when we install the second. The home is located in wisconsin. Our current carrier will only allow one stove. Thanks for your time
We have 2 wood stoves and a pellet stove in our house and a wood furnace I our barn so I understand where you are coming from. We went through an independent insurance firm and ended up with Travelers ins. Had to fill out a couple of drawings with clearances list around the stoves.

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

We have 2 wood stoves and a pellet stove in our house and a wood furnace I our barn so I understand where you are coming from. We went through an independent insurance firm and ended up with Travelers ins. Had to fill out a couple of drawings with clearances list around the stoves.

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

I'm an independent insurance agent in Iowa. Travelers is a pretty standard nationwide company. If Travelers will cover multiple stoves, you shouldn't have a problem with finding one. Don't go to a direct writer (Farm Bureau, State Farm, Etc.) go to an independent agent who can approach multiple markets. It also depends on the underwriter. Sometimes they will say no, some will say yes and some will want further information similar to HitzerHillbilly had to do with diagrams, etc.

Thanks,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.