Interior masonry chimney, cracks, wall clearance questions UPDATE WITH PICS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed that but sure looks like it to me. This brings up many other questions about the condition and intrusion of air getting in that chimney and condition of flues and flue joints

No creosote, that is a vertical wood support for the floor joist/beam above it. The column is resting on the foundation's footing and the moisture has darkened it. Every column under the house looks like that on the bottom couple inches. They are all firm but are on schedule to be replaced this summer with treated columns. The basement has seen moisture this year. I have installed a sump pump to keep it dry until summer comes when I can regrade the yard and connect the downspouts.

I have a roll of flashing I can use for the fireblock.

I will follow up with the mason's advice once he gets out here.

You've all been very helpful. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.