Is an Alaskan volcano going to erupt?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
The Aleutian chain has pretty regular eruptions. It's an active volcanic zone on the ring of fire.

Yeah, my old geology professor was a volcano nut. I think it rubbed off on me.
I've always loved earth science. It sounds like you would enjoy a trip to Iceland.

I like the music!

That explains why my old geology professor moved to Oregon after he retired, lol

Sheveluch is one of the more active volcanoes. There are many along the ring of fire.

!!! !!! !!! you mean the west coast is going to sink in the ocean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The opposite. It is actually getting subducted as the Pacific plate crams into North America. That is lifting up the west coast. It's the East coast that is sinking. Get out your waders.