Is there such a thing as a modern looking pellet stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• Integrea2FreeStanding.jpg
    Integrea2FreeStanding.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 751
check out Rika and Bosca... enviro also makes some contemporary designs.

take a look at the Enviro line of pellets stoves. They have a couple of modern style stoves.

NEVER buy a stove based only on the looks... your selling dealers service should be your #1 concern. These stoves are not 'set it and forget it' types of appliances... things can and do go wrong. Having a good dealer who knows how to repair these stoves as well as give good advice is critical.

Having said that I'd be hard pressed to go another cold Wisconsin winter without one.

krooser said:
NEVER buy a stove based only on the looks... your selling dealers service should be your #1 concern. These stoves are not 'set it and forget it' types of appliances... things can and do go wrong. Having a good dealer who knows how to repair these stoves as well as give good advice is critical.

Having said that I'd be hard pressed to go another cold Wisconsin winter without one.

Based upon this alone you would rule out at least half of all manufacturers. Though average Joe or Jane homeowner shouldn't be working on their stoves, many dealers shouldn't be working on them either...and then you have geography and availability to be concerned with. I say find what you like...for whatever reason you like it, then select the best dealer within your geography that will service it.

krooser said:

I wouldn't go that far with the dealer thing. Sure, if you have 4 left feet and are totally unable or unwilling to deal with the things that tend to happen with appliances such as these. Otherwise it is up to the owner to learn how to do as much of the maintenance and repair as possible. The net has made this much more possible for someone up to the task. Keeping it clean probably answers 75 percent of the maintenance and problems that surface. i agree it is hard to find a stove that looks modern. The Dell Point stove out of Canada seem to fill the bill and have a solid track record would be worth looking into.

pamela0102 said:
We have a contemporary home and would like a really good-looking pellet stove.
Any suggestions?

I agree 100% with the above posters that mention getting a good dealer to make your pellet stove purchase a good experience. The most modern looking one that came to mind was a Bosca Spirit, although I'm sure there are others.

www.boscastoves.com/products/spirit_500.php

I personally love the Austroflamm Rika stoves, but they're too $$ for me.

www.luckydistributing.com/Heat/product.cqs?prod_id=e3cd4a92c5bc16dcb6d01db92ea86deb

Status
Not open for further replies.