Is this considered a Tall Lazy Flame??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tractorboy924

Hearth Supporter
Jul 7, 2008
Western NY
USSC Stove having issue of a lot of black soot on glass and burn pot overflowing after use. Cleaned chimney good and horizontal portion of exhaust.

was initial a blockage but still happening even with that now resolved. really cleaned stove. Could my air intake ever get clogged up? it does not vent to the outdoors but the room? I am going to see if there is dirt/soot in that blocking airflow or clean chimney better and even more. its pretty damn clean now rean sweep through it many time all way on the vertical portion. I checked that I have no plug in the horizontal line to the stove from outside as I have a T Clean out.

Maybe should check clean even better

IMG_0070.jpg
IMG_0072.jpg

Are those pictures with the door open?, you will always have a lazy flame with the door open. If its lazy with the door closed you are leaking air in from somewhere else other than through intake to the burn pot, test the door seal and glass seal, sometimes I just run a lighter around the perimeter of the glass and watch to see if it is being drawn into any leaks while it is running without the convection fan running(note: some stoves have a glass washing system that allows air to enter past the top of the glass). Could also be a plugged up vent, manifold or exhaust blower aswell.