Is this silver maple?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dima1973

Feb 12, 2017
Philadelphia, pa
Is this silver maple? I have chance of getting all of it.

Attachments

• 123_1.jpg
    123_1.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 402
Reactions: Lone_Gun
don't know, but who cares - take it! nice score!

Reactions: D8Chumley
Is this silver maple? I have chance of getting all of it.
It looks like some kind of maple.Take it all and don't play around.That's a good stash.

It was cut on my friends investment property, so it will not vanish overnight. Problem is that it is about 30 minutes away and I will need to rent a uhaul to get it.

those don't sound like problems to me! and i'm not sure a uhaul can handle all that wood. better bet would be some sort of truck/trailer combo. but again, great score! i drive half hour all the time if not a bit more to get a pick up truck worth. but that is some easy wood ripe for the picking.

Yes Silver Maple

Wood in foreground (all same wood/ tree ?) looks like silver maple - flakey, light/ silver bark with tinges of salmon colored patches (and it looks like SE PA).
  • It seasons quickly, OK Btu /cord, and it's a good, solid shoulder-season wood.

Take it all crotches too can always saw em or looks like enough to rent a splitter or good excuse to buy one

Reactions: D8Chumley
Jealous

Reactions: MissMac
It’s free, I’d take it all also. Like PJohnson said, use a saw on the crotches

From that photo, silver maple is my guess.

I picked up 2 suv loads of it today. There is plenty more to go.

Is it silver maple?

20190125_160435.jpg 20190125_122707.jpg
20190125_160505.jpg
20190125_160516.jpg

Attachments

• 20190125_160505.jpg
    20190125_160505.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 126
Last edited: