ISO Gasifier Installers in WNY, Call ME!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

activeboy3

Jul 25, 2023
Lewiston New York
I had a local boiler installer get excited about adding an Attack indoor gasifier in conjunction with my existing EK Resolute oil boiler, AND my solar hot water system WITH storage. However, once the Attack DPX was purchased and delivered, they backed out and refused to install. I have since, over the last 3 years, had every boiler installer and mechanical engineer in the Buffalo NY region come to see the systems, and ALL of them have run scared like it was a ticking time bomb!!??? I have never been so upset in my life, with this 1500Lb hood ornament in my basement just waiting for someone to read the DETAILED seigenthaler schematic I have to connect all three systems. I have asked them all to PRETEND its just a normal oil boiler, forget the fire part, and to sweat the pipes and connect the damn things. WHY am I having such a hard time getting a bio-mass boiler installed in the 21st century?? I have a chimney just waiting for a gasifier, I have 300 gallons of storage, I have everything in place for the project. Does ANYONE here on Hearth know of a reputable, experienced installer in/near the 716 who will take my $$$? Even a traveler from the N.E. (where these scenarios seem commonplace) who would enjoy a stipend? Please LMK! thanks. respond here OR email me at [email protected]

Reactions: sloeffle
I had a local boiler installer get excited about adding an Attack indoor gasifier in conjunction with my existing EK Resolute oil boiler, AND my solar hot water system WITH storage. However, once the Attack DPX was purchased and delivered, they backed out and refused to install. I have since, over the last 3 years, had every boiler installer and mechanical engineer in the Buffalo NY region come to see the systems, and ALL of them have run scared like it was a ticking time bomb!!??? I have never been so upset in my life, with this 1500Lb hood ornament in my basement just waiting for someone to read the DETAILED seigenthaler schematic I have to connect all three systems. I have asked them all to PRETEND its just a normal oil boiler, forget the fire part, and to sweat the pipes and connect the damn things. WHY am I having such a hard time getting a bio-mass boiler installed in the 21st century?? I have a chimney just waiting for a gasifier, I have 300 gallons of storage, I have everything in place for the project. Does ANYONE here on Hearth know of a reputable, experienced installer in/near the 716 who will take my $$$? Even a traveler from the N.E. (where these scenarios seem commonplace) who would enjoy a stipend? Please LMK! thanks. respond here OR email me at [email protected]
300 gallons of storage is not much. You should be looking at 1000!
A fellow who sells boilers approached me about doing installations that sounded like a fun hobby.
Was renewing my house insurance and just in conversation, mentioned about doing installations for a hobby and was told to forget it or they would not renew our house insurance.

I installed mine myself, you will find all the information you need on this forum. Come up with some drawings, pictures and you will get a ton of input. I installed mine during the covid debacle , used all black iron pipe and ordered all my pipes and fittings from an online supply house (oops). My UPS guy hated me , could not get my hands on a pipe threader, all the schools were repiping while the schools were closed. Once you understand how it works, it’s not that hard .

Reactions: sloeffle
Btw, my install was in an outbuilding, for insurance reasons. No mess or smoke in the house , something to think about.

Like Mark states post some pictures or drawings and you will get input.
I built my system myself,had help with the design.I had never had anything to do with a hydronic heating system befor i built mine.13 years later it's been trouble free.
I used all recycled copper pipe and a lot of fittings.Bought a bunch of new fittings.
Learned about using hemp on the threaded fittings,had about 200 and no leaks.Had one leak from a recycled copper fitting.
I tested both sides of my system to 80 PSI once i filled it with water.

I've got everything in place, besides a few pumps and parts. BUT I will never have the time to do this correctly the first time. I dont want to mess around. I need someone WITH the experience to connect my oil boiler and my solar hot water and the gasifier. Cant believe how hard it is to throw money at people these days!??

It's the same everywhere...
Since covid the world is a different place.
If you can't do it yourself be prepared to wait indeffeinatly

In my area service company's are so short on help and long on work they are only going to take straight forward jobs that they can be in and out with no issues. With the heat wave we had in my area my phone is ringing all the time with folks needing AC work and I don't do any AC work any more other than for friends.

I have a detailed schematic and there really isnt anything out of the ordinary to install. I am studying the install and considering a DIY. THe service providers around here are lackluster bitchasses.