It's up and running.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rcook430

Burning Hunk
Jan 4, 2015
Ashland Ky
My new Harman P43 has been running for a whole 2 hours now. Its on constant burn, feed 4, temp 5. Putting out good temp. My house is not quite 1900 sq ft with 20 ft ceilings in living room. Two upstairs bedrooms and a bath. Master is on bottom floor with a large bath tucked away,kind of isolated. Have not felt any heat back there yet but rest of house is getting toasty. I knew going into this that a P43 would be on the small side for this house but it was all the wife would let me budget for. I guess better than nothing. Few more hours should tell me how well it will heat the house. 27 degrees out now getting down to 17 tonight. This is a heat wave compared to what it was last 2 days.

It will take a while for the heat to reach the bedrooms and it may take a fan or two to help it along. My 950 sq/ft ist toasty in the LR, kitchen and office without fans. Need fans to help the heat move to the two bedrooms and bath though. You may just set up a fan or two to help start the air flow, then find that once the circuit has started, it continues on its own. I originally had a fan blowing cold air out of the bedroom, but once it got up to 68 or so, it hinders more than helps.

Welcome to the Harman club!

Well its been running now for over 3 hours and I can tell this stove is not going to be good for my marriage. I haven't seen my wife because she just stands in front of the stove saying "this is so nice ".

Well its been running now for over 3 hours and I can tell this stove is not going to be good for my marriage. I haven't seen my wife because she just stands in front of the stove saying "this is so nice ".
Then you should rib her and say "could have been bigger" :)

Reactions: bogieb
I could put those last two replies together and really get creative, but I'm guessing I could be banned too. Enough to say that I'm glad your wife is happy.

One or two words could get things really hot!

Pictures or it didn't happen !

;lol;lol;lol

Lol. You guys are killing me. My wife is cracking up. New update. I just turn the stove down. Its getting really warm in here. I'm impressed.

Reactions: bogieb
Lol. You guys are killing me. My wife is cracking up. New update. I just turn the stove down. Its getting really warm in here. I'm impressed.

It just takes a bit of time to get all the peripherals warmed up too (furniture, walls etc). Once you get it there, then keeping it warm is easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.