Johnson Energy J-1000 Manual / UL Listing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

landless

Nov 17, 2021
Northern WI
Greetings Everyone,

My grandparents put what I believe is a Johnson Energy J-1000 in the house here in 1977, and it’s been keeping things warm through northern Wisconsin winters ever since.

Have a quick question if anyone would be so kind to answer.

Were these stoves UL listed? I found the manual for the Dayton blower, and Johnson’s install instructions for the thermostat, but the manual is still AWOL. Any tags the stove had on it disappeared years ago. I noticed Smokepole mentioning install/operation requirements in an older thread. Hoping someone still has a manual floating around.

Thanks much,

Jeff

7048D210-4F3C-4D70-B8D9-6B7418916AB3.jpeg

Last edited:
Greetings Everyone,

My grandparents put what I believe is a Johnson Energy J-1000 in the house here in 1977, and it’s been keeping things warm through northern Wisconsin winters ever since.

Have a quick question if anyone would be so kind to answer.

Were these stoves UL listed? I found the manual for the Dayton blower, and Johnson’s install instructions for the thermostat, but the manual is still AWOL. Any tags the stove had on it disappeared years ago. I noticed Smokepole mentioning install/operation requirements in an older thread. Hoping someone still has a manual floating around.

Thanks much,

Jeff

View attachment 285672
It is unlikely that it was listed but even if it was unless the tag is there it isn't anymore.