Jotul 602

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jmcindric

Jul 19, 2020
Ohio
Hi all! This stove is for sale near me. We are having a 16' x 20' cabin with full loft built and wonder if this stove will be suitable. If it is, what should I look for if I go look at it? Are parts available for them still? Thanks for your help!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200724-202536_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200724-202536_Facebook.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 116
400 is high, especially now. It appears to need at least a refinishing.

It's enameled. If not badly chipped and the baffle + burn plates are in good condition then $400 is average. They go for higher during the peak season. It's a popular stove, particularly the enameled versions.

It's enameled. If not badly chipped and the baffle + burn plates are in good condition then $400 is average. They go for higher during the peak season. It's a popular stove, particularly the enameled versions.

Yep, seems to be in good shape. No visible cracks. Side and top burn plates are there. Missing the bottom burn plate and flue adapter. Got it for $300. I'll dig into it soon when the garage isn't 100+

Sounds good. It's odd that the bottom plate would be missing. There usually is no reason to remove it. Are you seeing the raw insulation there or some long wavy ridges?

Sounds good. It's odd that the bottom plate would be missing. There usually is no reason to remove it. Are you seeing the raw insulation there or some long wavy ridges?

Nope, no raw insulation just the bottom of the stove. There are long wavy ridges on top of what I'll call "rolls", not long wavt ridges on a flat plate.

Attachments

• 20200725_155641.jpg
    20200725_155641.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 103
Yep, definitely missing along with the insulation. That part rarely needs attention if the stove is run correctly. Put 1/2" of play sand on top of the burn plate before firing up the stove.

Reactions: jmcindric