Jotul 602b

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Maxcat

Jul 29, 2022
Carmel, N.Y.
I have a broken door hinge pin on a Jotul 602b. I've soaked the pin with WD-40, used heat to expand the metal around the pin, then tried tapping it out without luck. Anyone have a better plan? :)

There are far better penetrants out there to try rather than WD-40. Kroil is one of them. Home brew is 50% Acetone and 50% automatic transmission fluid. Make sure you have patience it may take multiple tries over a course of days.

I took the door to a machine shop to have it drilled out. Hopefully, no meat is taken off the hinge to make the door loose. I'll struggle with the broken pin in the other part of the hinge using the Kroil penetrant. Thanks