Jotul F45 alcove install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Johnclaude

Jul 17, 2018
Finally got my jotul installed! Had a very small fire to break it in. Will probably be the only fire till next fall

Jotul F45 alcove install

Reactions: EbS-P and Todd
Cool install! You will love the stove it has served me well. May want to correct the title to F45.

That's a clean install, nice looking, and ready to heat.
Tell us more about the alcove installation and steps taken to honor clearances or did the space already have the required 50.25" width? Was this a ZC fireplace beforehand?

PS: Title updated. I added alcove install to make it easier to find in a search. This is a common question for ZC replacement and the F45 makes a good solution.

Last edited:
That's a clean install, nice looking, and ready to heat.
Tell us more about the alcove installation and steps taken to honor clearances or did the space already have the required 50.25" width? Was this a ZC fireplace beforehand?

PS: Title updated. I added alcove install to make it easier to find in a search. This is a common question for ZC replacement and the F45 makes a good solution.
Thanks for the title fix. This was a new construction and I had them build the alcove for the stove. I’ve always put wood stoves in my previous homes this time I just had it built like I wanted.

Reactions: EbS-P