Jotul Oslo owner help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TuffGong

Jan 23, 2012
East Coast of Wisconsin
The top of my Oslo hinges. I moved it recently and, unfortunately and most likely, somehow messed something up when lifting it. I can find the two bolts on the front of the stove, but are their bolts in the back? If there are they are definitely loose or something is messed up. It feels like there is a loose gasket as well?

Top removal info in this thread

Top removal info in this thread

Many, many thanks! Turns out the washer for the back bolt was bent--most likely when we moved the stove incorrectly (meaning lifting from the top). Little bit of effort but got it off and now I can start fresh, new gaskets and a good clean out. Many thanks to everyone on the board.

I do have one more question for now. The ash tray door, I need to replace the gasket. It does come off, correct? The hinge looks different than the other hinges, thus the question.