Jotul Proflame 2 Remote issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
This happens more often then you would think. The fix is simple though. Flip the remote over and remove one battery. Then press and hold the themostat button while replacing that one battery. You should hear a couple beeps and that will let you know it's fixed. That thermostat button is in the perfect place and no one realizes they are holding it when they replace the batteries. Hope that helps.

I have an issue with my Proflame remote. Our Lennox Rhapsody 54 was installed in 2012 and when I mounted the face plate after changing the batteries there would be beeps. Always seemed like a bad connection? Anyway now my remote won’t talk to my receiver at all. I’ve changed both sets of batteries in both the remote and the receiver a few times and when looking at the remote screen it looks like the remote is transmitting...but no beep any more. I tried to sync the two and there are no beeps given off by the receiver either! Any ideas? Thanks!

Last edited:
Check out page 12 of the pdf of the manual. se eif this gets you back on track.

I have an issue with my Proflame remote. Our Lennox Rhapsody 54 was installed in 2012 and when I mounted the face plate after changing the batteries there would be beeps. Always seemed like a bad connection? Anyway now my remote won’t talk to my receiver at all. I’ve changed both sets of batteries in both the remote and the receiver a few times and when looking at the remote screen it looks like the remote is transmitting...but no beep any more. I tried to sync the two and there are no beeps given off by the receiver either! Any ideas? Thanks!

I too have a Proflame 2 remote that is giving a "bad" temperature reading. It currently says it is 77 degrees F, when another thermostat is giving a more accurate reading of 69 degrees F. Is there a way together a better reading on the remote? Thanks!