Just bought a used Harman Accentra insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ansky

Feb 18, 2013
central CT
hi. I just purchased a 2008 Harman Accentra pellet insert on Craigslist. It didn't come with the pipe stub to connect a 4" pipe to it, so I had to purchase one on ebay. While I wait for that to arrive, is there any maintenance or cleaning I should do as it sits like this on my living room floor?

Thanks.

C928E793-0B9E-4951-A78B-75FC13396802.jpeg
52F5D529-B3D4-47E5-85AA-EBACA2D9D9E7.jpeg

Last edited:
I would start with a good cleaning. You can google how to clean it correctly. Pull the plate off the side of the feeder and clean out fines and take cover off below exhaust outlet and clean off esp probe. Make sure tubes on left and right side are clean. Flip stove up and check fan underneath for dust, dog hair ect. They are usually pretty dirty.