Just ordered an Effecta, boy the wife is gonna be mad

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If thats the case it would be a great backup if one runs outa wood or wants to go away. It must be auger fed.
Or in my case it would make for a great "aging in place" system. When I can't do cord wood any longer I would just switch over to pellets.

absolutley!!
After feeding this OWB for the past 6-7 years, I look forward to the break.

NP ALASKA said:
The way I understand it, as I havent recieved equipment yet is the pellet gun us mounted on the side. The bracket is hinged allowing you to swing it out of place and add a metal plate. This allows you to use wood with out damageing the pellet gun.

This was very apealing to me.

It only take about 25 minutes to switch from one to the other.

I will be posting pictures of my install and will also show the change from one to the other.

Regards,

Yup keep the install pics. coming regularly. Keeps things exciting on here to see all the new systems getting lit up. Glad to see that your not trying to heat 11000 ² ft with that boiler . I think in the coldest weather here I will be close to my limit trying to heat 4500 ² ft with my 40 .

Beers

Huff

North Pole
Just out of Fairbanks

Quick note:

Just got off the phone with Brian from Effecta, we have decided it would be best to go with the 60kw and the 30kw pellet burner combo.
Doing this will allow me to fire one time most days all winter.

more to follow as things unfold.

NP ALASKA said:
North Pole
Just out of Fairbanks

Sorry NP. I thought that North Pole on your avatar was being facetiuos. I work just below the Alaska , BC border sailing between Prince Rupert and the Queen Charlotte Islands

Huff

No problem, That a nice area you are in.

We considered moving out but after 20 years, we're kinda stuck in our ways.

Plus I like to drive outside (lower 48) once in awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.