Just picked up My O Malley's pellet today!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jtakeman

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Dec 30, 2008
Northwestern CT.
www.facebook.com
Just got back from getting my O Malley's from BT Ent.( http://www.btpellet.com/ ) They were having a one day only sale. I thiink they were a DEAL at the $245/ton price.

Here's a pict of them in the truck. notice how the F150 has handle them nicely. very little squat!

This ton makes ton number 3 for next winters stash! So do I qualify for the Pellet pig club???

I have to repair the shed out back to before I can get more.

jay

Attachments

• bed.JPG
    bed.JPG
    196.3 KB · Views: 756
Good price. The OMalley is a decent pellet.

Guy near me wants 274.00 for them this month
then he's projecting 280 for June.

cant believe your 150 took a ton with no problem...... hmmmmmmmm

F150 has the tow package, And rated for over 2000lbs and 10,000lbs towing. The only thing it didn't like was passing the gas stations without stopping!

This was the 2nd full ton it hauled, I just didn't take any pic's of 1st haul.

Place of purchase is less than 30 miles away. All back roads too!

jay

Nice looking truck . . . . "Built Ford Tough" . . . . . Wish I had the truck, and of course the pellets, in my driveway. Would not hesitate to haul a one ton pallet at a time, keeping it under 65mph of course!!.

I am hoping to pick up a ton of O'malleys and a ton of Turmans this Saturday. I am glad to see your 1/2 ton hauled a full pallet with the trailer package. My brother-in-law is going to haul the pellets for me. He has a 3/4 ton Dodge with a trailer package. Looks like I should be able to make it in 2 trips since seeing your pics.

When I bought the pellets on the early buy program, I confirmed that the dealer had them in stock and that it wasn't a pre-buy. They said they had over 300 ton in stock. I am feeling good about the purchase because I did not see any pallets stored outside (other than the 2 pallets they had out front for advertisement). Now I just hope they have a fork lift to put them in the truck.

codebum said:
I am hoping to pick up a ton of O'malleys and a ton of Turmans this Saturday. I am glad to see your 1/2 ton hauled a full pallet with the trailer package. My brother-in-law is going to haul the pellets for me. He has a 3/4 ton Dodge with a trailer package. Looks like I should be able to make it in 2 trips since seeing your pics.

When I bought the pellets on the early buy program, I confirmed that the dealer had them in stock and that it wasn't a pre-buy. They said they had over 300 ton in stock. I am feeling good about the purchase because I did not see any pallets stored outside (other than the 2 pallets they had out front for advertisement). Now I just hope they have a fork lift to put them in the truck.

In a somewhat emergency situation, I hauled 2 ton (at one time) in my 3/4 ton Dodge Ram. The ol' Cummins enjoyed it!

jay, did you check the Quality One brand?
It was a cheaper brand which seemed to burn well, but too much fines for me...I thought you mentioned fines didn't matter for ya

codebum said:
I am hoping to pick up a ton of O'malleys and a ton of Turmans this Saturday.

May I ask what your getting them for?? Turmans too?? I like the Turmans very much. They burn very nice!!

geek said:
jay, did you check the Quality One brand?
It was a cheaper brand which seemed to burn well, but too much fines for me...I thought you mentioned fines didn't matter for ya

Geek,

I got them for the same price as the Q1's, So I figured I would go with them. Have heard good things about them. I do care about fines, It's ash I don't fuss about. My stove has a self cleaning burnpot! Why pay for saw dust!

jay

jtakeman said:
codebum said:
I am hoping to pick up a ton of O'malleys and a ton of Turmans this Saturday.

May I ask what your getting them for?? Turmans too?? I like the Turmans very much. They burn very nice!!

I paid $285/ton for Turmans. Last year I paid $269/ton and that was at the beginning of the shortages. I think the price is a little high but I liked the Turmans very much, so I sucked it up and bought some more. The O'malleys are starting to show up in a lot of places around lower PA. I probably could have got a better price, but then I would have had to pay shipping. Since these are close by (at my dealer), I can pick them up with the help of my brother-in-law's truck and avoid a shipping charge.

Codebum,

For $285 I would have bought a ton too. There $299.99 at my closest dealer. Not going to pay that!

I could travel to get some from another dealer, Think he wants $289.00. Just not worth the extra travel.

jay

Status
Not open for further replies.