Kinderhook information?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's interesting! I'll search for the thread!

Let me see how many of the Ultras I can get out of the hopper and I'll try something different. I might need to go another startup or two.

Awesome information, though....thank you so much for taking the time to help a newbie!

That's interesting! I'll search for the thread!

Let me see how many of the Ultras I can get out of the hopper and I'll try something different. I might need to go another startup or two.

Awesome information, though....thank you so much for taking the time to help a newbie!
No problem...I was once a newb also, I know the feeling.

I'm going to put some Greene Supremes in the burn pot (cold and cleaned). I got all the Fireside Ultras out of the hopper that I could and will let them run through and refill with the Greene Supremes and do it all again!

I'm going to put some Greene Supremes in the burn pot (cold and cleaned). I got all the Fireside Ultras out of the hopper that I could and will let them run through and refill with the Greene Supremes and do it all again!

Sounds good.
..I am very interested in your results. Make sure you primed your Auger....if tour Auger is empty a small handful in the burnpot may helo

OK....Results are in and you nailed the "problem"!

Although I hadn't previously timed it, the room fan was taking approximately 25 minutes to turn on with the Fireside Ultras.

I've run two startup cycles now (both on setting 4) with the Greene Supremes. The first, a put a handful in the burn pot to get me going with those; for the second round the augur and bin only had the Greene Supremes to work with:

The first time, it was:
4 minutes until I had a flame
7 minutes till the room blower came on
11.5 minutes till blower turned itself on to full speed

The second time, it was:
5 minutes until I had a flame
8 minutes till the room blower came on
11 minutes till blower turned itself on to full speed

A HUGE change from the Fireside Ultras taking about 25 minutes till the blower turned on at all! I don't have any experience yet to dislike the Ultras.... I'm just happy to know that the stove seems to be functioning fine! Thanks so much, propane hater! :)

No problem....glad we got to the bottom of it.

I am sure once you have some burning under your belt you will like those Ultras.

Also, don't forget a few pics.....or this never happened ;)

I finally had a chance to photograph the Kinderhook. It's hard to make it look good when it's in your basement!

Kinderhook information?

Reactions: IHATEPROPANE
I'm really, really liking it so far. In fact, I've really fallen in love with this device! I've been joking with my wife that I could put a recliner down there in front of it.

Our kitchen and basement are comfortable and cozy for the first time ever in winter, I don't mind the hands-on stuff that it requires, and I think the numbers are going to look very good for the running costs.

I haven't had it running long enough to really start getting a feel for the pellets. I held off on burning until I got it inspected/permitted, based upon someone's suggestion that it not looking like it's been running when I didn't have that permit yet. (I do now). I posted above about the difference with Green Supremes and the Fireside Ultras, but I haven't yet tried any of the other 9 brands that I have.

I DO like looking at the flame.... I always have. I find it hypnotic, relaxing and mesmerizing at the same time. I could VERY easily see one of these in a future living room or kitchen. I honestly wasn't expecting THAT... the romance.... from a pellet stove!

Status
Not open for further replies.