King KP130 Thermostat Jumper

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

OHBandit

Jan 26, 2023
SW Ohio
Hello,

First time poster here and first year pellet stove owner. Picked up a used KP130 and installed in my basement. Have been running since late November 22 and doing great so far. The stove has a thermostat attached and I'm wanting to disconnect it and run manually. What I do not have is the jumper that is removed when the Tstat is connected to convert back to manual. Seems my board is a bit different than pictures of ones I see online. Any suggestions?

Seems my board is a bit different than pictures of ones I see online

Without a picture of this different board hard to give exact advice. Best I can say is cut thermostat wire about 1 inch from control board and splice both wires together and tape. If like most boards the thermostat wires connect to board with spades, if so you could just take a small piece of wire add a female spade to each end and connect to the two thermostat spades on board.

thermostat spades.jpg

OK thanks. The pic from the manual that I have shows the jumper connected to the 2 prongs that are in between the 2 spades that the T-stat connects to. So its safe to assume those prongs are just extensions of the T-stat spades for the factory jumper to be plugged onto. So just creating a small wire loop with female connectors plugged onto the T-sat spades does the same thing. Am I correct?

jumper.jpg