King kp130

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ChefRock620

Nov 27, 2018
North Vernon, IN
I have read thru the forum and others have had the issue with the air wash and the gasket needing cut.
I have the same issue but no one has made it clear on weather you cut the gasket so there is still material on the front side of the glass or if you cut thru the whole gasket leaving a gap on the front side with no gasket material.
I have cut the back side and it didnt seem to help do anything.
Also i have great heat coming from the stove but there does seem to be a lot of ash after 24hrs and when the stove is running the flame is yellow to orange and not lazy i dont think.
When the pellets drop in it seems to blow out peices of pellets that are still burning? Is this what you call fly ash?
New to the pellet stove thing but tired of paying 800-1000 dollar electric bills a month.

Installed in a 1600sqft home thats decently insulated (old windows)
Hooked up with vent kit exactly as manufacture specs.
all help will be greatly appreciated.

Your door glass gasket should have a gap on the bottom for the air wash meaning no gasket material so cut it all out. The amount of ash is probably pellet brand or just a bad batch. The burning embers flying around ( we call fire flies ) are normal as long as it isn’t really large pieces. Here is a good reference for you flame

Attachments

• 8BAACD09-F04F-4D30-AF3F-6B5D8C4124B8.png
    8BAACD09-F04F-4D30-AF3F-6B5D8C4124B8.png
    423.5 KB · Views: 682
Only cut out the bottom. The gasket on the 3 other sides will hold the glass. The manual states there is a gap for the air wash on the bottom.

Out of the manual pg 18:
DOOR AND GlASS GASKETS
Inspect the main door and glass window gaskets periodically. The main door may need to be removed to have frayed, broken, or compacted gaskets replaced by your authorized dealer. The glass gasket has a gap at the bottom for the airwash.

Last edited: