king pellet stove 5500 stuck on error 9,

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kim

Jan 6, 2013
Hi anyone out there that can help. I have a pellet stove, and the error code came onto # 9. There is nothing on this problem. Has anyone experieced this issue? It is getting colder by the minute....help!

Hello,

I can possibly help with this. I have a recently built 5500 stove and have gotten the Err9 message a couple of times.

I believe it is related to the ignitor, which is supposed to throw up error code 6. Some kind of snafu with the number being rendered on the display, my guess.

In any event, as you have noticed the stove won't light when the Err9 message is on.

Unplugging the unit and turning it back on has helped. Just turning it off isn't enough to fully clear the system.

But you can also manually light this stove quite easily. I was told by support that I'd have to detach the ignitor from the board and remove it from the stove altogether first, but I haven't needed to do that. In your case, you might. It's not difficult.

I just use one of those starter squares you can get at Tractor Supply real cheap.

There are instructions on the box but for your reference:

-- put the square in the burn pot. place some pellets on and on top of the square. Light the torn end of the square.

-- Turn on the stove but keep the door open, this will stop the pellet feed but keep the exhaust fan running.

-- Wait 2-3 minutes until everything is burning well, then shut the door. The draft fan should take over then and get the whole thing roaring.

-- I've found it does help to keep the heat range on 1 or 2 initially when lighting the stove manually, otherwise it seems like too many pellets end up in the pot too quickly.

It's also important to keep that ignitor tip clean of ash. Take out the burnpot when your cleaning and vacuum out the ignitor tip.

Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.