La Nordica Milly

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

LaNordicaND

Oct 28, 2023
Rural ND
I have a La Nordica Milly stove and having problems with airflow. It worked great last year but this year I can’t seem to get enough air to fuel the fire with both valves wide open. I did clean the chimney prior so could there be some blockage in the stove?
Any help would be great! Thanks!

When the chimney was cleaned, was the cap cleaned also?
How dry is the firewood this year?

Thanks for the quick reply. I did not clean the cap and the firewood is dry but I may have had some wet starter pieces. I’ll give it another whirl and clean the cap!
Appreciate the advice!

Thanks for the quick reply. I did not clean the cap and the firewood is dry but I may have had some wet starter pieces. I’ll give it another whirl and clean the cap!
Appreciate the advice!

How did you determine that the wood is dry? If your cap is clogged then the cause is most likely wet wood.

I did clean the chimney prior so could there be some blockage in the stove?
In contradistinction to heating stoves, cookstoves need to be cleaned out regularly. The flue-gas passageways around the top, bottom, and sides of the oven need to be cleaned out. Some of the modern cookstoves do not need this done very often -- once a year in some cases. The older, traditional style cookstoves need cleaning rather often -- once a month or so.

I hope all that is well known to you. Have you cleaned out your Milly?

In contradistinction to heating stoves, cookstoves need to be cleaned out regularly. The flue-gas passageways around the top, bottom, and sides of the oven need to be cleaned out. Some of the modern cookstoves do not need this done very often -- once a year in some cases. The older, traditional style cookstoves need cleaning rather often -- once a month or so.

I hope all that is well known to you. Have you cleaned out your
I have a La Nordica Milly stove and having problems with airflow. It worked great last year but this year I can’t seem to get enough air to fuel the fire with both valves wide open. I did clean the chimney prior so could there be some blockage in the stove?
Any help would be great! Thanks!
Like others said cleaning out around the oven may help. I also found that after I replaced some gaskets this year the draw really improved - particularly the gasket that goes around the cooktop.

Thank you! I did end up doing a more thorough cleaning and I’ll start her back up when we hit at least single digits. It’s been a great stove, the only complaint is that 1600 sq foot is too small as it will really heat the house up!

Reactions: akgal