Lack of Coverage with Chaps?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

velvetfoot

Minister of Fire
Dec 5, 2005
Sand Lake, NY
I got some Stihl chaps with my saw. Thing is, the leg sections seem to rotate outward, creating exposure on the legs that could be vulnerable, I think especially when cutting up a log on the ground.

Is this normal? I've tried adjusting them, but there's not much adjusting.

Hi velvet,

I don't know. I have th chaps that have the full coverage all the way around the leg. Just the top of them does not go around the ass. They work fine and do not twist.

Strange. Perhaps yours are too short or too long?

Niels

There is still some slack when the leg straps are tightened all the way. Maybe too big...

Try doing some squats....

It seems particularly dangerous for them to rotate out, opens up the femural artery- clip this thing and goodbye.

HarryBack said:
my chaps make my thong ride up.

That was a mental image I could have lived without. Now I have to have my brain drycleaned.

I bet you do a mean butt-crack too, Harry.

On a more serious note, you can buy special jeans that you can snap kevlar pads into. They tend to keep the pads where they belong, and they're a little more stylish for the fashion-conscious woodcutter.

Status
Not open for further replies.