Laddomat Pump Replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

McKraut

Feeling the Heat
Sep 1, 2011
South Central PA
I am trying to get the boiler up and running for the season. I had a very late start because of some other projects on the farm. When I first fired up the boiler, I noticed that the circulator wasn't, well, circulating. I pulled it off the Laddomat to verify that it wasn't stuck, which it wasn't. After researching on a few other forums, I read that it is the pump, not the capacitor, that has gone bad.
I am looking for a replacement circulator for the Laddomat. The pump is a WILO RS25/7-3-P. I have read some older posts and I know this will be difficult to find. I have not found it anywhere in the US and have only found 1 location on the internet that sells it. That is in England and with shipping it will cost about $360. I have reached out to several supply companies, WILO, Termovent, and individuals and have a received only a few replies, but no possibilities. For that cost for a pump, I am considering taking out he Laddomat and replacing it with a Caleffi, but that is my last choice.
Does anyone know where I can get this pump? If I can't get this exact model, are there any other WILO pumps that will perform as the original. I would be willing to switch from 240V to 120V if needed. I listed the specs at the end of the post.

Thank you for any help offered!
Bob

Star-RS 25/7

Data sheet

Materials

• Shaft
1.4034, X46Cr13

• Pump housing
5.1300, EN-GJL-200

• Impeller
PP-GF40

• Bearing material
Total carbon

Operating data

• Max. fluid temperature T
110 Celsius

• Min. fluid temperature T
-10 Celsius

• Maximum operating pressure p
10 bar

Motor data

• Emitted interference
EN 61000-6-3

• Interference resistance
EN 61000-6-2

• Mains connection
1~230 V, 50 Hz

• Power consumption P1(Q=max.) of selected impeller * number of pumps P1
147 W

• Max. speed
2700 rpm

• 0.6 A
  • Protection class motor
IP44

Installation dimensions

• Pipe connection on the suction side
G 1½

• Port-to-port length l0
180 mm

Information on placed orders

• Net weight, approx. m
2.80 kg

• Brand
Wilo

• Product description
Star-RS 25/7

• Article number

I'm wondering what you ended up figuring out about a motor replacement for your laddo.laddomat?

Ty,

Erin