Lake Placid 2023 FISU Games

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
USA vs Japan and Canada vs Kazakhstan in hockey in Lake Placid tomorrow, the winners play for the gold.

United States vs Canada for the gold, United States beat Japan in overtime.

Do you know if they have any snow up there? There's not much down here.

Reactions: thewoodlands
Do you know if they have any snow up there? There's not much down here.
They didn't have much about a week before the games, they showed a picture in front of a sign at Whiteface, just a dusting on the ground at that time.

I'm sure they spent a good amount of time making snow for the skiing events.

Isn't lake placid where the big alligator is?🤣

bts0020-CROP.jpg

lol. I think there's a B budget horror movie about an alligator in Lake Placid!

Yes!

Mt Van Hovenburg is up there and the only XC ski place that I know that makes its own snow. Its pricey though. I may end up there. Fake snow feels so weird. Its like skiing on sleet. But beggers can't be choosers!

Nice! I think next weekend will be the first weekend without kid wrestling tournaments to go to!!!!

I see skiing in the future!

I saw a report the last storm gave them 8 inches of snow.

The picture below is from the summit at Whiteface.

322601407_483001000692984_6347757671941597667_n.jpg

Reactions: mcdougy
Canada - 7 U.S.A - 2 in the gold medal game.

Looks like the ski season got the help it needed. I don’t think this storm is going to melt away. The close ski place said 10” and still snowing at 7am. I’m saved from driving all the way up to placid.

Supposedly another storm is scheduled for Wednesday.

Finally got out skiing today! New skis had the kid and I learning to ski again, lol. The new ones have so much better glide! They don't have any scalloping on the bottom. I was standing still and fell over, this amused the kid immensely.

My wife and I were out in Lake Placid and Whiteface last weekend for a couple of Giant Slalom races my daughter participated in with her St. Michael's College club team. Second year we went out and really enjoy the restaurants downtown and Whiteface.