Lange 6302 with side boiler?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tassle

May 2, 2021
London, UK
Hi all
I'm trying to find more info about a Lange stove I'm interested in restoring. It appears to be a Lange 6302A, but it has entry and exit points for a boiler on the side. I can't seem to find any information about such a variant of the 6302? I wondered if anyone could shed a little light?

It currently has no boiler, side burn plates or baffle. Would anyone know where I might source these?

Finally - a vague idea of what a Lange 6302 is worth would be really useful, to gauge whether a restoration is a sensible prospect!
Many thanks
Tass

1619984876645.png1619984926943.png

Langes were a good Danish stove. In good condition, an enameled version would go for $6-800 depending on the time of year and market. But that is in the US. I have no idea what the UK market is like and this is the first time I have seen one fitted for a boiler.

Reactions: Tassle
The 6302 never came with water attachments to my knowledge, this is likely something someone did to their stove. I see this all the time around me, people did it too these stoves all the time for hot water in their hunting camps. Around here it would destroy the value in the current market. Those Lange stoves are beautiful, and in perfect shape are worth about 1000 or so. If your planning on restoring it, you may be able to find a parts stove with a matching side piece and replace that whole side.

Reactions: peakbagger
The 6302 never came with water attachments to my knowledge, this is likely something someone did to their stove. I see this all the time around me, people did it too these stoves all the time for hot water in their hunting camps. Around here it would destroy the value in the current market. Those Lange stoves are beautiful, and in perfect shape are worth about 1000 or so. If your planning on restoring it, you may be able to find a parts stove with a matching side piece and replace that whole side.
I agree with Hermit, it looks like a "home brew". With cast iron, stress cracks can be a problem and normally there would be raised and thickened pad added to the casting. This just looks like someone drilled some holes in it. Sure a coil could be added to it as long as there is appropriate level control and overpressure protection but, its likely that at some point this side plate will start cracking. Therefore not worth restoring for sale.

My guess is given the news coming out of England, wood stoves are going to be severely limited in urban areas. Not sure how the government works but in the UK but it may be worth keeping it around and maybe there will be a buyback program to get these evil carbon emitters out circulation ?