Leisure Line AK-110 or a Hitzer 710?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mitchum

Feb 9, 2019
Yorkshire, OH
So I've decided to switch from a wood furnace to a coal furnace. I'm looking at getting either a Leisure Line AK-110 or a Hitzer 710. I'm favoring the Leisure Line because I've heard nothing but good things about it. Plus I'm a big fan of getting all of the efficiency that I can out of the fuel with those heat exchangers. Also, a big fan of a 320lbs. hopper

On the other hand I have an old tile chimney and kinda like the idea of running a power vent, so the Hitzer is an option as well. Plus, I live under 40 miles from their factory.

Both run with the coal-trol thermostat, and are relatively close on btu, so I guess that id like to hear some feedback on the Hitzer, because I've read quite a few reviews on the Leisure Line.